Offering a large family bible from the late 19th Century. It has pages for marriage, deaths, births, etc. entries. The only entry is the marriage of Frank Holbrook to Edith Goodell, both of St. Johnsbury, Vermont on October 12, 1891 at the North Church.
This bible was published by James S. Virtue of London, England.
There are three primary sections:
- The Old Testament by Rev. Robert Jamieson, D.D.
- The New Testament by Rev. Edward Henry Bickersteth, M.A.
- Philosophical, Historical, Biographical and Geographical Supplement by Albert Leighton Rawson, LL.D.
- Approx. 1800 pages and weighs 14 pounds.
- 10x15x3.5 inch size.
- Leather cover with heavy embossing and multi-color.
- Two steel clasps.
- Three edge gold guilding.
- Many hundred illustrations engraved on steel, wood and in color and black & white from the original works of Rapael, Dore, Martin, Makart, Hildebrandt, Tadema and Rawson.
- The overall condition of this bible is excellent.
- Very minor foxing on some leaf pages.
- No missing or loose pages.
- Leather binding is in excellent tight condition.
- No water marks.
- Expected wear on leaf pages.
- The steel clasps are both present and function.
We are offering this bible with postage and insurance included for the lower 48 states. Others will be at costs.
We will ship to mainland U.S., Hawaii, Alaska and most countries. Contact us for shipping and insurance rates.
For more information visit our Terms, FAQ, About and Contact pages at the top and bottom of this page.
Thanks for looking.
CLICK ON PICTURES TO ENLARGE.